So on a whim we decided to go to a ReAl soccer game, ...even though it was totally sold out. But we found some tickets on ksl and made a weekend of it. AND it was sooo fun! Well at least I thought so, that kinda stuff is right down my alley of faves. I didn't quite realize it until we arrived and I took the kids up and over to look down into the stadium-- I got all choked up, I'm such a moron. Maybe it was a recall from the rush of emotions I used to feel when we played championship soccer games in the stadium, or maybe because soccer was just a big part of my life.
Wes had to ask, "Are you crying?" Me: "No, what? no."
Either way, it made me kinda wish I had accepted the position to play GK for BYU. But only for a moment, I made a decision and have to stand by it with no regrets, right? Besides, who knows what kind of injuries I could have incurred, and for what? Bragging rights? I don't know, my thought was that art would get me further, but ha, well I guess we'll see.
And away with that tangent...
So we had alot of fun, the atmosphere at those games is fantastic, the teams are amazing to watch! Afterwards we took a short walk to the Hyatt and stayed the night taking full advantage of the pool and hot tub. We could have been hundreds of miles away for all we knew. It was a great way to get away -close by. I think we will for sure do it again, maybe for the next game in october-
No comments:
Post a Comment