We watched uncle Dustin compete in the Utah open last weekend. It was really a new experience and our first time at a golf tournament. I warned and warned the kids about the strict rules, but you know how that goes.
The first golfer we saw when we arrived at Oakridge cc was mike weir. The kids were quiet and wonderful. Then we crossed the course to get to Dustin and on the way we saw a giant one eyed bullfrog below the bridge. We took a picture and carried on. Dustin was teeing off right next to another pond with a bridge, so Carson goes running off hoping to find another frog. Right in the middle of the fairway.
Naturally I called to him to come back before realizing I was being totally loud, so then I had to go get him while they all waited. It was embarrassing to say the least.
Then after reminding them, quietly, which isn't easy, they sat there. Bored to tears. But I thought watching Dustin and the other golfers was awesome. It was also nice to chat with my sister a bit and spend the afternoon with her. Morgan thought it was cool to see all the golfers and get some free tees. Carson proceeded to do handstands and look for frogs.
In the end Dustin took 17 I think - in a field of over 150 pros. Good job Dustin!

No comments:
Post a Comment