Monday, August 13, 2012

Fourth of July, 2012



Malia looking at the princess float!

























We had a party planned for the fourth and our basement had a small flood just days before. Luckily we had some disaster clean up come and take care of it, but it's frustrating trying to throw a party with loud fans blowing!  So we kept the party outside and Wes was nice to let me do a ride to the Towers atop Francis Peak in the morning to fill my cup.  Nothing like a 4 hour ride to the top of the mountain to dissipate tension, I love it.   I made it home just in time to take the kids to the parade.  Morgan loves to go way out and caught candy and a water bottle.  Malia loved the princess float (the miss kaysville crew) and Carson has no desire to catch candy and sits back with his chips and soda.
After we had the entire family over,  Wes grilled the tastiest chicken ever- (I have yet to taste a better grilled chicken).  We had games for all the grand kids, and Abbie brought some fun minute-to-win-it games.  Dad had prizes, Jenn did a fantastic flag cake, and everyone contributed some wonderful foods!   We also watched the story of the star spangled banner and had A LOT of contributed fireworks to blow off in the backyard.  We can see a big portion of Davis High's fireworks from the yard so we watched those while the kids ran around with glow stick creations, Even Ruby had one around her neck so we could see where she was!
The funnest part was having everyone there.  I remember my Grammy throwing some fun parties so I guess it's all in the name of continuing the legacy.

No comments: