Last summer, during the few hours Malia napped, I got out the canvases, paint, markers, jewels, and... didn't paint a thing. Morgan and Carson, however, went to town on their future entries for the reflections contest. The theme was diversity, and the boys had a great time painting it. I laid out some complementing colors, gave them some suggestions and their little heads and hands moved like clockwork to produce some great little works of art. Carson to this day spends 1-2 hours drawing animals of every shape and size. He runs the ink out of all my pens. This kid deserved a medal and he took first in his category from K-2nd Grade! It was soo fun to see his excitement when he received his trophy.
Morgan had made up a little majestic song about space. He called it Stars Workout and it sounded great! He practices and loves to play. He has a very musical little mind. He was able to perform at the awards ceremony and took second in music and third in art. Gramma Julie wrote the amazing bottom hand but wasn't able to be there to play it so Abbie performed it. He was soo surprised to win two trophies! I really hope this has inspired them and given them a little confidence in a pursuit of arts.
Morgan also landed his first 180 on his rollerblades and practiced and practiced and fell and tried until he got it! I was so proud of him!
It's these moments that make motherhood feel so worth the sacrifice of our own pursuits.
It's these moments that make motherhood feel so worth the sacrifice of our own pursuits.
I love these little guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment