Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy birthday Wes

I am glad for birthdays. It encourages to get me to get out and celebrate the lives of those I love, and in Wes's case, rarely see much. So I was happy to spend the day away, with just him. It was nice to go skiing and get to know each other again.
Carson said the other day, "Before you guys had kids you were Jess and Wes." Although I admit at times I miss being Jess and Wes, I will never be happier than as Mom and Dad. Even though sleep is often interrupted by cold little feet finding vacant spaces in our bed, and I often times stay in my jammies way longer than I should playing legos with the kids and transforming Optimus Prime back into a truck for the fortieth time for Carson. I overly worry about their health, I pray daily that thier bodies will be strengthened and preserved. I've never really felt that being a mother was my area of expertise and rely heavily on prayer and intuition to get me through the day. Regardless, I have never known greater happiness than what I feel when I look into their smiling faces, as they play like the lilies, carefree, reminding me of the constant watchful eye our Heavenly Father has on all His children.


No comments: