Thursday, May 7, 2009

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 
Robert Frost













All I want to do for Mother's Day is go on a day hike with my family.  No shops, no crowds, just pure togetherness.  After all, Mother Nature deserves some appreciation on this day too!

4 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

oh Jess I loved this post, of course you know I agree completely, we both have the same idea of a perfect day. I am in love with those photos, where is that....it is soooo beautiful! I loved visiting with you, I wish we could day hike together all the time.

Ndrhsrfamily said...

What a perfect thing to do. That is my very favorite poem ever. I love the pics too! You are such an awesome mother Jess!

RuthHewlett Pope said...

Jes, not only are you good at perceiving and drawing but I do believe you also have a gift for writing. Can't wait till you start writing your own children's books. I will help you.

Molly said...

I miss the mountains and hiking! :(