Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rainy Day archives--Ode to the Box

There's nothing like a rainy day to send one searching the far corners of the creative atmosphere for something to do. In this case, a box (or two) wonderfully dominated the day.  After Morgan and Carson had mastered the art of being a robot, we drew buttons and switches inside transforming the boxes into  spaceships worthy of landing on the moon. 
 I remember when I was young, I had a vehicle that transported me to jungles, palaces, and faraway worlds.  Looking back I realize that this vehicle was nothing more than an old rocking chair, with a fancy hole in the back of which to see through.  I would sit on the chair backwards and look through the hole and rock back and forth.   I am sure I looked like a total idiot to my sisters, but my imagination always took me away.  I still don't remember ever seeing the other side of the room through the rocking chair.  
It doesn't take much to entertain a child, especially when one's imagination is fueling the flight!

2 comments:

Mike and Abbie said...

This is such a funny video, I was laughing so hard! They are just the cutest boys ever. Michael and I would love to watch them one night while you guys go out or just have a night to yourselves... so let me know!

Molly said...

Cute!!! Calli loved it! I think she's going to want me to find her a box, now, too!