
The Ogden race turned out to be alot of fun.
The night before, we took the forerunner train to pick up our race packets then rode a rickshaw to dinner. It was kind of fun getting around without a car. The boys were glued to the train window the entire time and couldn't wait to get in the "bicycle buggy."
Wes and I both had mixed feelings about the race because we both had signed up for the marathon and half marathon and would not be doing it. Instead we did the 5K , we didn't train enough because of injuries we need healed for the next race. So I actually enjoyed the run. I really hate the pavement and prefer trails, so when it comes to road races I'm sticking to the 5K's. Kudos to all who ran the marathon, esp. Tomee (Call) Pace who came through the finish doing her first marathon, way to go Tomee! Also to Carrie Neiderhauser, how many is this now?
The best part was watching little Morgan run his 1K! He was so excited for it and requested that I get him a 'Dash' outfit to run in. Yea, they're jammies! He ran a bit, walked a bit, was carried a bit, then sprinted across the finish line to people cheering on "Mr. Incredible." If only our races were that easy. Afterwards, he got his own medal, a bell, and was made in the shade with popsicles and blue gumballs from grandpa, who also ran the 5K. The other best part? He slept great that night.


9 comments:
that is to cool that kids can run that! He looks so cute in that outfit!
I'm with you jess I would much rather trail run anyday, besides the pavement the scenery is better. Good for you, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun and how great to do it as a family!
What a great thing to do as a family! Sorry to hear that you weren't able to run the 1/2 but better to get things healed up. You guys look fantastic! I love Morgan's racing outfit!
No way! He'll be an Olympian by the time he hits puberty!
Yeah for Morgan! He is so much tuffer than I am. What a fun thing to do all together. You guys look great!
He did such a good job, it was so fun to come and watch you guys!
You guys are too cute for your own good!
5k's, celery sticks? It explains a lot.;)
hey just wanted to let you know i am putting the business class that wes and I took to good use... Check out my new blog! Motivarace.blogspot.com
Hooray for Morgan! That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I hope he brings the costume up to Powder next winter.
Jess-You and Wes are amazing! And, you both look fantastic!
Post a Comment