Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy birthday Wes, 36

To celebrate, my mom offered to tend and make dinner and dessert for Wes. She has been wonderful that way! So we headed down and dropped ruby off at her neighbor (Marshall miller and his family, they just adore her).  We ate at THai house in Lehi, which I though questionable at first, but it was so good. I had the pumpkin curry soup and it was Delish. The next day I thought it would be fun to take everyone to an outdoor ice skating rink and it was fun, Wes is so fun to watch and the kids love when he skates in circles around them. Afterwards, my mom had a wonderful Hawaiian flat meat dinner prepared and a beautiful fruit parfait. She also had some fun treats and snacks for him to take to work. I felt bad that his parents were out of town and nobody really did anything for him- and his brother just asked him for money. Wes is such a great person, and a great example to our boys.  He reads the scriptures to them every night and has a family prayer. 

Morgan has started playing guitar and it's fun to watch him learn new things. They all had great reports at parent teacher conferences tonight. Both are wonderful little artists,great spellers and good at math.  Malia is also doing well in school and all are able to enter into accelerated programs- but I think they are fine where they are. Hopefully they can learn to help others with their talents, there is so much more to learn in life than just academics. 
The weather has been so warm and nice for January, I am so grateful for it as I don't feel like I'm missing out too much on skiing:)  I've gained more weight since having McKinley because I sit more and eat more:( time to get out and get in gear. Morgan says he would rather stay home and help with the baby than play with his friends. He can't believe how beautiful she is. Malia loves her too and says she'll never choose playing with her friends over her family. (Except sometimes) The funny things they say in the company of their baby sister. Carson loves to make faces and carry her all around the house.

No comments: