Monday, April 26, 2010

and this is how i feel today









I drew this a while ago but today felt a bit like i had boulders on my shoulders.   The weight's there, but also little angels who help carry the burden.  Sometimes the angels are my kids (and sometimes the kids are the boulders!:)  and sometimes the angels are the friends and family around me. Needless to say, the trek continues, and lovely is the way when it's through the wildflowers.

And now just an update of the month of April.
April was a month of firsts somewhat.  In list form, here it goes.
1.  It was my first time attending General Conference at the conference center on Sunday morning, and I was blown away by the 

sheer magnitude of 
it all.  To hear 20,000 people singing at once is an experience on top of hearing the president of the church and apostles speak.  One of the photographers took our pictures and Sara thinks we will be in the Ensign if we all think it--(according to the law of attraction--...hmm)
2.  My sister Jenn surprised us by flying in from Florida  for Sara's birthday and we got to spend the entire weekend together.
3.  Malia has picked up walking and hasn't stopped 
since.  We also found out she likes to sleep upright like her uncle Andy. 
4.  Wes, who never sees a doctor, found himself in emergency laproscopic surgery for what the doctors thought was a closed loop valve in his intestines (blocked off) but turned out it was really just inflammed at the ilium, possible crohns but not sure.  He can't lift anything, including Malia for 2 weeks.   He is doing better thanks to prayers and good neighbors!
5.  I learned how to use a spin trimmer, scares me to death but I did it, because Wes isn't quite able at the moment.
6. I ran a half marathon, though I have done a few before, this one was a wee bit harder only because my ipod wouldn't work, and since I'm used to running with music, it was a mental challenge trying to push myself and keep my mind off the pain. I am already planning another but I think I will stick to triathlons and bike races, that is where my passion lies.
7.  I went and had a pedicure done and holy cow why haven't i gotton one before i dont know.  The best part was the foot massage-- although having toes I actually like to look at is nice too!
8. made snow forts one day and bike ride the next
9.  Babysitting pygmy goats this week for my sister and they are seriously cuddlier than puppies, and you feed them with a bottle, and they are so tough, they are such perfect little pets and I have decided we need an animal.
10.   Carson has suddenly developed a love for drawing and will go spend a good hour or two in the office drawing animals.   That's my boy
11.  I am expanding the garden.  Vinegar kills grass like a charm.  It also kills everything else.
12.  First time on a full-suspension mountain bike.  I admit I love hardtails but peer pressure sank it's little teeth into my decision and I think I like the new cushy ride!

14.  First time I've heard this quote and I love it:
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. -Denis Waitley


4 comments:

Molly said...

Jess, I love hearing about your adorable family! Oh, my gosh... I want a pygmy goat! Soooo cute! You should totally get one for your yard! Wes will never need to mow! It'll kill two birds with one stone - lawn mower and pet in one!I'm so jealous that you've been running half marathons! Man, I can't wait to move back... we'll move down the street and we can go run/swim/hike/ski. I miss Utah :( Oh, P.S. - I'm changing careers - now it's going to be bilingual elementary teacher! (seriously... I know, I'm crazy)

Jami said...

Your blog is so cute! We've got to come look at the pygmy goats sometime! My kids would love it.

RuthHewlett Pope said...

Wowwie Jes, what a full lovely life you are living. Embrace the day! Seize the moments! Keep writing! Love it.

Emily said...

I love your posts! You are one amazing girl! I love the picture. I want it framed. It is a perfect representation of what a Mother feels every day. I love you Jess!