Friday, April 17, 2009

Two months and a birthday














Its already been two months and Malia is now 15 lbs, a little chub. The boys have grown more accustomed to her (too much so) and I have worn out the phrase, "be gentle" and now it's just, "don't touch her!"  Morgan can't seem to get enough of her.  He has called her so many names of endearment, to name a few: little peach, apricot, sunface, little solar system(?) cheeto, and at last, www.cutebaby.org.  I don't think he has even called her by her real name yet. 
We  celebrated Carson's birthday at the Dinosaur Museum in March and got the behind the scenes tour of the lab in the back where I used to work. Grandma Julie made a volcano cake which actually oozed lava, much to Carson's surprise and hesitation.  He requested to eat his favorite food, shrimp and salmon, then decided on octopus.  (hot dogs worked in this case). 
Easter at Gramma Ruths was fun until the bunny showed up and the boys hid under the table from it.  I guess I would have too. 
Morgan also got his first real taste of the ski resort this month and is already doing jumps.
Carson loves his baby sister and says to me, Mom this is my sister, isn't she adorable?"  He says such random stuff. Like he climbs on top of his playhouse and puts his arms in the air and starts singing this song, (from No Handlebars) "Look at me, look at me, arms in the air like its good to be alive!"   It is refreshing to hear little voices like these reminding me to enjoy the little things, because they won't be little for much longer.

3 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

oh Jess I miss you. I was thinking the other day about how we used to get up on a saturday and head up the canyon, I miss exploring with you. I wish we could take our kids and explore together. your boys crack me up, I'm still laughing about "my little solar system". seriously what a doll. how are you? how have these past few months been? you know I think I'll just email you! love Carly

Jess said...

Jess, you have two totally cute boys and one adorable baby girl! You are so lucky. I agree with Carly. I dig the nick names your little guy is giving Malia. It cracks me up too. You know, Carly and I are friends too... next time she is in town we should all get together. Fun times!

Molly said...

Ah! I love your kiddos! You're little girl is so beautiful! She's just gorgeous ;) Love your kids!