Sunday, March 15, 2009

We celebrated little Carson's birthday last week, and did his ultimate birthday wish, the dinosaur museum.  Clark, a guy I worked with when doing the murals there, gave us the VIP tour of the lab where they do all the real work of cleaning the bones, reconstructing them and casting them. He then gave Carson and all his cousins a real dinosaur bone. Which really looks like a dark gray rock.  After spending some time there we headed to Grandma Ruth's where we ate Carsons birthday food of choice that day, Octopus.  (hot dogs with 'tentacles' cut out) and cupcakes.
He got a toy which he called Animal Kingdom which i had no problem getting him because of his great progress in the potty training area. He didn't have much choice, as I said,  you are a big boynow  and you will not be wearing diapers any more! Yes there were a few accidents, but he was a pro by the end of the week. The lollipop was for achieving a poop in the potty.
He was also privlidged to get a cake from Grandma Julie which was a dinosaur land with a real erupting volcano, very cool.!
Little Malia is doing well considering the endless attention from her brothers.  Both boys are sick with a bad cough and it seems the only thing I say all day long is, "don't touch her!"
I feel bad because they just love her so, but jeez, give her some space!   She is definetly has more than enough love here.
I am really starting to get cabin fever and would love to get out and go running or hiking.  Post partum depression is wierd in that it's not that I am unhappy or ungrateful, but I will cry at the silliest of things, and I'm really not a cryer.  Example: hallmark commercials, spilled cereal, any bad news, and even just plain nursing.  Perhaps it's just coming down from such a spiritual high of being a part of a great miracle called child birth.  Or maybe just screwball hormones. Either way I think it's finally wearing off.  
Anyways, having a little girl in our home has been wonderful.  Carson will say to me, "this is my baby sister, isn't she adorable?"  When I have the baby monitor on and Morgan hears her crying, he will run downstairs and on the baby monitor I can hear him singing her a little song...Mostly ones he's learned from primary.   He is also  on a quest to make her laugh.  Some of the things he does include, dancing, hitting himself in the head, dressing up in wigs and costumes, among other things.


No comments: