There is nothing better than christmas with small children. They are the light of my life and a reminder of the goodness in the world. While there are those that want to fill christmas with all things material, I am grateful for the simplicity and love that comes from the true meaning of the season. And to my darling children: I hope you will remember this and hold it close in your hearts. Christmas is love, togetherness and giving from our hearts. No amount of money or gifts will replace this! Our christmas was chaotic and messy for a week! And oh how some might reject! But my heart is with my children, my husband, and love for the Savior.
Carson was so excited to see a stuffed tiger in his stocking and Malia loved her stuffed pony. Morgan got a magic set and I got some markers to start drawing with. We visited all our family. Yesterday we went to see Grandpa Ridd, who, in his old age, was so happy when we asked him to play the harmonica for us! Too bad he doesn't get visitors more often. i sure love and admire that man, I see so much of Wes in him, he really cares and we feel it.
I have loved having the kids home, we have gone sledding and played together all week. I'll be sad when they have to go back to school!

No comments:
Post a Comment