Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunny St. George

   Oh boy this was a welcome treat to a long cold winter!  We had to get out. I had planned to do a race down in St George but tore my hamstring, so we went anyway and didn't race.  It was warm and healing to all our pale skins and indoor eyes.
    I love how excited the kids get and how easily pleased they are with just being together by the pool. We also did some hikes and ate some good food.  I think it made us all feel a little better.
   We found a hike called Johnsons Arch where we heard frogs and then ventured down to catch a few.  There were cotton bushes down by the river which the kids thought was pretty cool. I had a little frog in my hand and just had to double check with carson that he wasn't poisonous.  We were good.
Afterwards, we mingled at a little flea market where I found the coolest silver ring made by an Indian woman named Lucy.  Morgan got a flute and carson and Malia both picked out a little turtle.  Morgan played it all the waaaaay home. Malia left her turtle at the restaurant, and Carson kept his turtle close and knows where it is always, just as with his other animals.  Because that is his personality.
I am grateful to live in a state with so much diversity in climate and landscape.  So wonderful to have a beautiful winter but also a warm desert not too far away.
Even the drive isn't bad, our kids get along pretty well with books, snacks(that don't give them hyper crash), audio books and fun conversations about things or people like george washington or egyptians.














































We visited my mom on the way there and back, which breaks up the drive nicely and she always makes a nice dinner when we come, which never goes unappreciated.

No comments: