Thursday, September 22, 2011

Off to a good start


The boys are back in school and Morgan is in all day now. It took us both some time to adjust but I think we appreciate the time he's home more.
Carson can't wait to get out the door, and Morgan runs back home 2 or 3 times to give one last hug before he's out of sight. Some kids sure make it easier to be a mom, and some make it a bit harder. The balance of the two makes it all worth it.
We found out that Morgan has been living on one kidney his whole life. The left kidney shows no function and will have to be removed along with the ureter. (The tube connecting to the bladder). He has been fine other than the cloudy urine he has always had which really bothered me until a specialist was finally able to do an ultrasound. If they would have caught it earlier, they still would have had to remove it. I feel grateful he has had no pain, symptoms or infection leading up to this. He will go into surgery (it's laproscopic, thank goodness) in a couple of weeks. I normally would feel very uneasy about this, but I feel the prayers of my family and friends. Instead of anxiety, and frustration I feel peace. I feel the timing was for a reason and that this will make Morgan and our family stronger. He is already talking about wanting to be a doctor some day so he can calm other children going through the same thing. I am thankful for modern medicine and great doctors, and also for intuition, the gospel and good family and friends.

No comments: