Monday, April 11, 2011

Great Aunts


After watching Conference last week one of the speakers mentioned that we should "Behold your little Ones" not just watch them, but really behold them and strive to be like them in ways of innocence and love. I asked Carson how I could be more like a child and he replied, "Well, you have to play with toys more and chase leprechauns." This weekend we took the boys to the Imax theater with Abbie and Michael to see "Born to be Wild." Andy and Camille had the same idea and also took the boys to see another fun movie this week. So thanks guys! It was another week of gray gloomy weather and we needed out. Is it apparent yet that I am ready for summer?? The kids had spring break and it was cold and snowy the whole week and the kids were getting soo restless. When Malia got mad at Morgan she screamed, "Stop it you kidnapper!" and then, "Don't Mr. Rabbit!" My guess is that she doesn't know any mean words yet. Morgan and Carson are afraid of the Easter bunny so I think she might have been referring to that. When we laughed, she yelled, "It's not funny!!!" Which is never a good thing to say when you don't want people to laugh.
This week was a long spring break. We made peanut butter play dough, rollerbladed in the house :{ and climbed the walls. We also went to gramma's house for an Easter Egg hunt with all the cousins. Gramma made donuts (very rare) and Morgan helped. He couldn't stop laughing because they didn't have a donut cutter outer and were doing it by hand so they were very lumpy, tasty Lumpy Donuts.
They also had fun finding Easter eggs, in the snow.
I mentioned to Wes that I wish the sun would come out. His reply, (and why I love him) was, "It is out, it's just behind some clouds right now." so simple, so true. We were able to escape a bit and head up to snowbasin and hike up to No Name which was pretty nice for April. It was fun to get out with Wes for a day. He has a favorite new drink now, it's called Kombucha and it's a probiotic drink with no sugar. It's not cheap, but anything to get him off soda. For the kids, they get coconut water. And there's a random note for the day.

No comments: