Tuesday, November 10, 2009

just another fine day at the spa.

Today went something like this. First, a new hair-do.I awoke to my fantastic three year old twisting my hair in knots, it is a habit and he does it while he's half awake, sneaking in my bed as not to wake me...needless to say I had 3 good knots to untangle. Next, the milk bath.  I was holding Malia above my head. need I say more.Following that, Morgan and Carson proceeded to play doctor, I, the patient. "At least I can lay down for a few minutes," I thought.  Morgan took the blood pressure toy and said he needed to do CTR on me.  So he took out his toy chainsaw and proceeded to cut my leg off.  Luckily he had to rush to the potty and left Carson in charge.  He yelled from the potty, "Carson!  I need you to giver her the electric shock while I'm gone!" So Carson did, and I pretended to cry out in pain.  Morgan came back and said, "did you give her the shock?"  Carson said,  "yes but it hurt."  Morgan said, "well you forgot to put it on the no pain level!" Then they were nice enough to give me a back massage.  This is where they walk up and down on my back (which actually feels pretty good). Then Morgan made lunch while I was nursing and was so proud of his PB and honey sandwich.  (Which also showed up on 18 different spots on the kitchen floor.) He had also managed to make chocolate milk using chocolate syrup and pouring it into the gallon of milk. Also, being the kind brother he is, poured a whole bowl of the syrup for Carson who, of course, had it all over his face.  How else do you eat chocolate syrup from a bowl? I even got to stay in my jammies the whole day. We are all getting over sickness. again. It is so physically draining esp. when I am lucky enough to get whatever bug they caught at school last week- which I did-But more so it is emotional draining- wondering if they are ok, and how I am going to get three kids to the doctor this week, and realizing getting myself to the doc isn't happening in the near future.  I am just glad the worst I felt was on Sunday, when Wes was home to help.  Otherwise it's enough just trying to keep my head out of the water for another day, (and I'm hoping that day brings us all feeling better.)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Jess, you're cute - "day at the spa" - thats' a great way to put it! I love that they did "CTR" on you. I hope you feel better soon! Nothing like being a sick mama with sick kids!

Molly said...

Oh my gosh Jess! I laughed sooo hard! I feel like my days are close to that! Except I just have one... Today she helped me paint the living room. What I didn't noticed was that she ran off with a loaded paint brush and painted up my parent's couch! Luckily it was made of pleather so I could scrub it off. I almost died though. Your kids are soooo adorable! Oh, and I just uploaded a ton of pics and some good stories for you! Love ya!

Ben & Carly said...

you do lead a glamorous life my dear! I'm sorry you are feeling rotten, what a good mom you are, even when you are sick you are entertaining your kids! get better.

Emily said...

Jess I think you should start writing books, you make me laugh! You could illustrate your own books and it would be even better! I hope everyone is feeling better now! I love your stories.

Annie said...

Emily stole some of what I was going to say. Seriously, your writing is so descriptive. Loved the story (except for the sickness part at the end). I hope you guys are doing better.