

In case you didn't know, Morgan is Iron Man. He has a little mole positioned directly in the middle of his chest, where he says his 'light' will be one day. He has determined that in order to make his suit, he is going to need metal, really hot fire, and careful hands. So for his birthday he really wanted to make his iron man suit. So with a few cardboard boxes, red spray paint, neon glow circles, and some beads, we were in business.
After completing their suits, the kids tested them out by knocking down huge walls, and throwing water balloon bombs at the chalk monsters drawn on the side of the garage. We did "Pin the spark on Stark" and a pinata. Pizza and a well designed cake followed, thanks gramma juwie for even putting a real light in his chest! Iron Man even showed up. Cousin gabe thrilled him by showing up in his Iron Man costume.
I enjoy throwing fun little parties for the kiddos, if not just to watch them run into each other wearing funny little boxes.
Now that he's five, Morgan is such a sweetie. He didn't ever have the terrible twos, it was more like terrible fours. (and that wasn't even that bad) He also learned to ride his bike just before turning five as well. He is a little straight arrow and Malia's favorite. He is positive and sensitive. When he's not having a good day he'll say, "All I have to do is look at that little Luci Malia and I am happy again!"
He is an example to me in such a simple, beautiful way. The other day he said, "My heart hurts because I told a lie today."
Like Iron man he indeed has a light inside him, yet his glow can permeate even the darkest of days.
3 comments:
Jess!!! What awesome stories! I LOVE YOUR little boy! I'm betrothing Calli to him. ;) But, let's don't tell them, then they won't like each other!!! So instead, we should tell them, "Oh, you're not good for so-and-so" Then, they'll want what their parents said they couldn't have. That's always how it works. I sure hope that my child ends up with a conscious like Morgan! I sure had one and it was way too strong sometimes... my Mom does, too -- she was questioned by police once when she was in her 20's and working for a bank. Someone had stolen some money and so they were all interrogated. The police asked her "Have you ever stolen anything?" And she went into a long story about all the stupid little things she stole as a little kid like a card from the grocery store when she was 8... She said that the policeman looked at her like "Lady...that's not what I meant..." Anyhooo...I'm reading this in the middle of the night b/c I just finished working on a freelance project and our computer is in our room. Vern is asleep and I'm telling you I HURT myself trying not to laugh out loud at "Pin the Spark on Stark..." I'm going to have a hard time falling asleep if I can't forget it... DANGIT! So freakin' cute Jess! I wish Calli was there to be a part of it. All in good time... P.S. I want your baby! She's the cutest little thing you ever made... I just want to squish her!
Well documented thoughts about our little "Soldier of Light". He warms my heart just hearing his comments. What a blessing to be his mother.
What a fun party! I don't even want to show Jonah or he'll bug me and bug me to give him a cool Iron Man party. You're so creative! Your kids sure are a bunch of cuties!
Post a Comment